Before we get into all the blogging awesomeness, I would like to share a little bit about myself and why I started this blog in the first place.
I have been a lot of things in my life so far! I have been a college student, a gymnastics teacher, an arborist, a farmer, and more recently a circus arts teacher and performer. I have also been severely depressed, co-dependent, lost, overwhelmed, hopeless, anxious and AFRAID of never finding happiness, freedom, fulfillment or a sense of purpose.
Today I am a writer, a friend and a guide.
Today I choose to be happy and free and abundant!
(And I will tell you a secret... it is so much more awesome than I could have imagined, and it is also a practice that I work on every day!)
I also know how it feels to…
- want to be happy with all my being and have no idea how to get there.
- feel unworthy and unlovable.
- feel powerless
- be afraid to set boundaries.
- be afraid to make mistakes.
- feel nothing but blank emptiness because feeling was too painful.
- suppress all of my emotions in order to fit into society.
- be who I thought everyone wanted me to be, instead of just being me.
- sink into that ceaseless spiral of negative self talk, self doubt and self loathing.
- believe that loving myself was impossible.
- not want to get out of bed in the morning, because…”what’s the point”.
I did not make this transformation without help. Sometimes, we just need someone to help us remove the blocks we have created between ourselves and love. I found my help in books, therapists, and most importantly of all, my daily human relationships. The people we interact with on a daily basis are the mirrors to our true selves and they are the KEY to helping us recognize and remove our blocks to love.
Now I want to give back!
I hope that through my blog and free resources I will be able to share with you all the crazy stories and beautiful lessons that have transformed my life.
I have done a lot of inner work, learned a lot of really hard lessons and have found a lot of amazing tools that have helped me overcome my depression and anxiety and live a life that is beautiful and full of joy. I want to give these tools to you so that we can keep growing and learning and loving together.